The mission of Heritage Hall Christian School is to prepare students to learn God's Word, to serve God and others, and to teach others to do the same.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible Word of God (2 Peter 1:21; Psalm 12:6–7).
- We believe that there is one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (1 John 5:7).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory (John 1:1; Matthew 1:18; 2 Corinthians 5:21; John 2; Colossians 1:20; Acts 1:9; Romans 8:34; Acts 1:11).
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved and lost; those that are saved unto the resurrection of life and those that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (Revelation 2:6; 20:11–12).
- We believe in the ministry of the local church as God’s established instrument for carrying out the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18–20).
- We believe that men are justified by faith alone and are counted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1).
Philosophy of Education
Heritage Hall Christian School believes
- That Christian education starts and ends with the God of the Bible and of creation. God created man in His own image, and man bears the stamp of God.
- That man rebelled against God, and now all men are born sinners. Man cannot remedy his own sinfulness; his own efforts always “come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
- That God provided a way of salvation for every man through the death, burial, and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ. A person receives forgiveness of sin and eternal life upon believing that Jesus died as his substitute, thereby paying the “wage” that God requires for sin (Romans 6:23).
- That, upon salvation, man becomes a part of the body of Christ, the church. At the moment of salvation, Christian education begins. Ideally, this education is a cooperative effort of the home, the church, and the school.
- That the purpose of Christian education is to instruct the believer so that he grows in grace and moves toward the goal of Christ-likeness.
- That the Christian school should be founded on the fact that all truth is of God and that the Word of God is the main source of the knowledge of God. The Bible is the school’s authority for faith and practice.
- That the Christian school teacher must be saved, spiritually-minded, and making every effort to be Christlike in daily conduct. The Christian teacher is in a position of authority, but must also have the spirit of a servant.
- That a student must be saved to have a true capacity for Christian education.
- That Christian education must encompass the five levels of learning: exposure, activation, comprehension, conviction, and application. Learning has not truly taken place until truth is put into practice and change occurs.
- That Christian education must involve the total man. Luke 2:52 states that Jesus “increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.” A student must be educated physically, socially, and spiritually as well as academically.
- That God created every person as an individual with unique qualities. The teacher must be sensitive to differences in maturity and ability among students.
- That the setting of Christian education should be structured and protective. The learning environment must be ordered, discipline must be purposeful, and obedience must be primary. The goal is to train the student to shun evil and embrace good. Christian education prepares the student to be in this world, but not of it (John 17:15).
- To lead every student enrolled to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ
- To teach every student enrolled an understanding of God, the priority that should be accorded His Word, and the responsibility that every person has to Him as Creator and Redeemer
- To develop within each child a level of basic skills and achievement that will support successful functioning as a citizen of the kingdom of God and of this nation
- To provide both curricular and instructional systems that will enable any student to achieve at levels that will prepare him to enter the next level of education chosen
- To enable each student enrolled to develop both natural and spiritual gifts and talents with the understanding that the highest goal of mankind is to use these gifts and talents to worship and glorify God
- To leave a student enrolled with a strong sense of right and wrong, to make him aware of the spiritual blessings that come from doing right, and to warn of the many wrongs that now characterize our culture and the negative consequences to be borne by those who choose those wrongs
Heritage Hall Christian School will equip every student to fervently impact the world for Christ.
- Biblical Truth